Thank you for your interest in employment with the Town of Bashaw!
Public Works Operator
This is a 40 hours/week permanent position with occasional overtime. Candidate will be required to accommodate flexible shifts, and participate in on-call rotation. Role requires public works and arena operations skills. Required to be within 15-minute proximity to the Town of Bashaw.
- Construction and maintenance knowledge of roads, sidewalks, and other related municipal infrastructure;
- Experience operating machinery and equipment associated with municipal operations (street sweeper, grader, lawn car equipment, front end loader, single axle gravel truck, heavy equipment experience would be an asset);
- Experience or certification in water/wastewater operations would be beneficial – Minimum Level 1 Water/Wastewater;
- Arena operation experience is an asset;
- Preference given to candidates with municipal experience;
- Highly motivated and willing to take initiative and additional training as requested.
- Must have a minimum of High School Diploma;
- Valid Class 3 Drivers license with air brakes (Q), and clean abstract;
- Clean criminal record;
- Current First aid, WHIMS;
- Zamboni operation;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to handle demanding and busy environment;
- Ability to work independently;
- May be required to provide Intervention Record Check.
Compensation will be discussed during interview. Benefits and defined pension plan are available.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Town of Bashaw, Box 510, 5011 – 52 Avenue, Bashaw, AB
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019 – 4:00 pm.
The Town of Bashaw thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.