Arena/Public Works Operator
Arena/Public Works Operator – 40 hours per week permanent position with occasional overtime. Candidate will be required to accommodate flexible shifts, and participate in on-call rotation. Role requires public works and arena operations skills. Required to be within 15-minute proximity to the Town of Bashaw.
- Construction and maintenance knowledge of roads, sidewalks, and other related municipal infrastructure
- Experience operating machinery and equipment associated with municipal operations. (street sweeper, grader, lawn car equipment, front end loader, single axle gravel truck, heavy equipment experience would be an asset)
- Experience or certification in water/wastewater operations would be beneficial – Minimum Level 1 Water/Wastewater
- Arena operation experience is an asset
- Preference given to candidates with municipal experience
- Highly motivated and willing to take initiative and additional training as requested
- Must have a minimum of High School Diploma
- Valid Class 3 Drivers license with air brakes (Q), and clean abstract
- Clean criminal record
- Current First aid, WHMIS
- Zamboni operation
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle demanding and busy environment
- Ability to work independently
- May be required to provide Intervention Record Check
Compensation will be discussed during interview. Benefits and defined pension plan are available.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Town of Bashaw, Box 510, 5011 – 52 Avenue, Bashaw, AB
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019 – 4:00 pm.
The Town of Bashaw thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) position for eligible students.
The Town of Bashaw is accepting applications for summer employment. These full-time temporary positions will be assisting in the maintenance of cemeteries, parks, and various other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Employment Dates: May 6-August 23, 2019
- Park maintenance including lawn mowing, weed whacking, weed pulling in flowerbeds, and litter pick-up
- Cemetery clean up including lawn maintenance, weed whacking, and general clean up
- Some tree and shrub pruning
- Pot-hole patching
- other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge or experience in the safe operation of small tools and equipment
- Valid Driver’s License (must provide Driver’s Abstract)
- Able to work independently
How to Apply
Please fax or email your resume by April 24, 2019 to:
Attn: Theresa Fuller
Are you eligible for STEP?
Information taken from www.alberta.ca.
Employers can hire students under the STEP program if they:
- are at least 15 years old
- are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada
- reside or attend school in Alberta with an Alberta address
- are returning to high school or a post-secondary institution no later than November 1
- are enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree (technical training for an Apprenticeship is not eligible)
- are available for full-time summer employment
- participate in only one STEP position during the summer
- are not currently employed in the organization
- are not immediately related to the owners or staff responsible for hiring in the organization
See the STEP Guidelines for complete criteria.
International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP.